Right parenting is highly significant, all the more so because the exposure that your child gets is mostly out of your control. You cannot shelter your child from the realities of the world. At the same time, you cannot afford to overexpose them to those grim realities. You need to maintain a fine balance as to what should and should not be allowed.
One of the biggest dilemmas for modern parents is the television. One cannot deny the fact that it is a valuable source of information and knowledge. At the same time, you cannot overexpose your child to all the violent and obscene content which is easily accessible on television shows.
Also Read: How Kids Develop At Different Ages?
The solution is to know exactly which channels are kids friendly. Once you know about these channels, you can let your child consume the contents without any worry. Make sure you use the parental lock on other television channels that you find unsuitable for your kids.
Top kid-friendly channels that you can allow your kids to watch:
First of all, you need to understand that there are two categories of channels that your kids simply love to watch. Let’s have a look at these categories of kids channels:
Cartoon channels: Your kids simply love cartoons. These cartoon characters take your kids to another world of make-believe, where everything is funny, colorful, simple, and easy. These kids channels not just entertain your kids but help them learn new words, concepts, introduce them to new cultures, languages, and so on. Let’s have a look at some of the best cartoon channels suitable for your children.
- Cartoon Network: This is a timeless classic which has shaped the childhood of umpteen kids. The shows are highly entertaining and full of fun. You can even relive your childhood days while watching these shows with your children. This is a great way to strengthen your bond with your kids. The channel has adopted a regional stance as well, which makes it all the more interesting and enjoyable.
- Nickelodeon: This is one of the most popular TV channels across the globe. The channel is a hot pick among kids and adults alike. The cartoons like SpongeBob SquarePants, Ren, and Stimpy are iconic hits among the kids.
- Pogo: Pogo is an all-time favorite among kids. The channel telecasts some classic cartoon shows like Looney Toons. It is also known for its shows that come with local flavors like Chota Bheem, Motu Patlu, etc.
- Hungama: Hungama is a regional cartoon channel that is available in Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu language. The animated shows are highly entertaining and teach important lessons in a very subtle manner. All the shows are absolutely age-appropriate.
- Disney Kids: Disney cartoons are an all-time favorite among children. And when Disney came up with its own channel, kids all across the world embraced the idea with great enthusiasm. Shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Kim Perfect, and Lion Guard entertain both young and old fans.
Informative kids TV channels: Television channels play a huge role in enhancing the cognitive abilities of your child. You should not ignore the significance of these highly educative kids TV channels. They know how to improve the knowledge of children by telecasting shows that are informative and entertaining simultaneously.
- Discovery Kids: This channel takes your kids to the intricacies of wildlife in lush green jungles. There are lots of things to learn about nature, the ecosystem, animal life, etc., from this channel. It also familiarises your kids with different regions, especially tribal ones, their culture, food, lifestyle, and so on.
- Animal Planet: Animal Planet is quite similar to Discovery Channel. It emphasizes animals, birds, flora, and fauna. Your children will get to learn about animal life in detail, about the environment, their food habits, daily rituals, and so on from this channel.
- Baby TV: this channel broadcasts shows which are totally age-appropriate. Its target audience is young children. It designs the shows and contents, keeping in mind its young audience. This is indeed one of the best kids channels that you can let your kids watch without any inhibitions.
- Sony Yay: This is much similar to Baby TV. But the channel aims at older children as the target audience. It telecasts a wide variety of shows which belong to different genres. These are great sources to teach your kids about Indian cultures, traditions, and mythology. But these heavy teachings are done in a light, informal ambiance which attracts the kids.
- History Channel: The History Channel is the biggest source of historical information for your kids. There are child-friendly programs as well as in-depth re-enactments of historical events. Whenever your child develops a certain level of understanding about history, you should definitely introduce him or her to this amazing TV channel.
Television has always led your kids to social, historical, cultural, and educational exposure. By keeping a check on the contents that they are consuming, you can definitely make the best out of these TV channels.